Sunday, June 16, 2013

16 Days Post-Op

At 16 days post op, Trenton is doing great! His energy level is still down. He is finally eating, although he only wants junk food. (just another battle with autism)
He has had the best weekend ever! He sat very calmly in church today. I was so proud of him! He was great in Sunday School!!! Way to go Trenton!!!
Yesterday, he let Grandma Great push him in a swing for over two hours! He was just so calm the past two days. I can't brag enough about him!

The bad news....surgery did not correct his sleeping. We are up almost every night for four hours plus. Trenton is back to waking up, playing for a few hours, and then trying to fall asleep for a few hours. Mommy is right there by his side every minute of it. I fight hard not to fall asleep on him. Let me just say, I think I drink more coffee in the middle of the night than I do during the day.

I am very excited for Trenton to have his first ABA session in our home tomorrow!!

On Friday night,  Trenton walked up to me and brought me his two horses. (He loves horses. He has two horses that were given to him during two special occasions.) He then led me to the door and picked up my sandals.  It didn't take me long to figure out, he wanted to go see the horses. We have a few neighbors who have horses. Trenton and I take many car rides, almost daily, and sit in front of the field and watch the horses from my car. Therefore, we took a ride and saw the horses. Once we reached the first set of horses, he smiles great big and said, "hor".

I pray for a better week this week!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new blog Angie! Thank you for continuing to write about the journey you and your family are on. Your writing illustrates to the world the true definitions of strength and perseverance. You are an amazing mother and Trenton and Andrew are two very special little boys!

    ReplyDelete