Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daily Schedule App

Children and adults with autism function so much better throughout their day by using daily schedules. They are very visual people. They do not understand very much without seeing a picture. I will be implementing a daily scheduler with Trenton on his IPad. I can customize the app to actual pictures of ours. For example, when it is time for speech therapy at Olney, I can put an actual picture of Trenton's therapy building on this app. When I show him that is what we are doing next, he will transition a lot better. I have made a picture book for him at home doing this exact same thing. However, this is a much better way!!

This is an example of his Monday schedule. It will be so much better when I upload our own pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to look into this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete