Thursday, July 25, 2013

Good Smaritan

Trenton and I had a Good Samaritan help us today. It could have been a terrible situation that would have left Trenton and I stressed out to the max!

Mommy needed gas in the car. Once we arrived in Effingham we had 15 minutes til Trenton's appointment with Heather. I decided to go ahead and get gas. I pull up to the pump, got out of my car, pumped gas, and got back in the car. I turned the key and nothing happened! The car was DEAD! We have ten minutes now til his appointment. What in the world do I do??? ?Of course, I pumped the gas at the pump farthest away from the station. Trenton is content in his car seat ( He has had an extremely fussy, irritable day). No way am I taking a chance and getting him out of his car seat to find us help. I walk up to the station with my eye on the car the whole time. I walk in right behind a middle aged man. I walk in blurting  "I need help. Does a man work here? My car is dead and I need someone to try to jump my car." The attendant looks at me and asked, " Is your car in park? Sometimes that can be the problem."  "My car is in park trust me!!!!"

The guy who I was watching out of the corner of my eye stops in his tracks, walks towards me, and motions for me to follow him. He says I can look at your car and jump it if it needs it! Thank goodness!! I immediately start thanking him, explaining that my son has autism and if I have to wait for my mom to get here it is going to be a terrible situation. I could tell he knew NOTHING on autism but that didn't matter! This was a man who stopped what he was doing to help Trenton and I!  He got my car started!! I thanked him over and over. I wanted to stop and ask him for his address but we were running late for therapy and I figured he would think I was a nut. I don't think he knew how much it meant to me that he stopped to help us. I could not imagine trying to wait with Trenton at a gas station for 45 minutes until my mom arrived. I will never forget this man and what he did for us!!

Meanwhile, while we are in Effingham for therapy a horse walks up to my parents back door. Yes a horse!!  It took a while for my parents to find the owners. Therefore, the horse was still there when we got home so Trenton and I got to pet the horse!!



1 comment:

  1. Angie, this story made me think of Hebrews 13:2...one of the most fascinating verses in the Bible. Goose bumps!!

    ReplyDelete