Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jesus Calling

My friend Andrea gave me a great devotional book. It is titled, Jesus Calling enjoying peace in his presence. I would like to share a page from it.....

I am all around you, like a cocoon of Light. My presence with you is a promise, independent of your awareness of Me. Many things can block this awareness, but the major culprit is worry. My children tend to accept worry as an inescapable fact of life. However, worry is a form of unbelief, it is anathema to Me.
Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But if it is Me, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive. When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me. Back off a bit, redirecting your focus to Me. I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it. In this world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me.


Wow! Isn't this the truth! I think it is human nature to battle about not worrying! Over the past three years, I have learned to put all of my care to the good Lord. One way or the other, it will get worked out! Yes,it is frustrating at times and wish I had a different life and wish that Trenton didn't have to live his one life on this earth like he is but as long I have faith, it will all get worked out!
I am just very honored God trusted me to raise him and help him on his tough journey in this world. I will forever be faithful to God and in return I know he will take good care of us.

John 16:33

New International Version (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

1 comment:

  1. I love this page too! What a great reminder...

    ReplyDelete