Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pancakes!

I cried happy tears today for the first time in many days...or should I say many months!

I was fighting a normal battle I fight every day which is trying to figure out what Trenton wants to eat. I showed him his choices on his IPad like I always do. He immediately hit pancake. This is very odd. For one, he never chooses pancakes. Two, the liklihood that he would have went crazy hitting all the choices was much higher than choosing one item. However, today he hit pancake and stopped. He waited a few seconds and hit pancake again. I took the IPad away and started to make pancakes and realized I didn't have all the ingredients. I called Nana and she put Pops to making Trenton a pancake. We had the pancake ten minutes later and Trenton was so happy!!! HE WAS SOOOO HAPPY!!! He ate the whole thing!!!!!!!!! It was the happiest moment I have had in a very long time. I know that Trenton knew he did something good! He smiled and smiled. I hugged him and sobbed like a baby and we treasured that moment! A moment I will NEVER forget!

Good Job Trenton!! Mommy loves you!

Only a mom of a non-verbal child with autism gets this excited over pancakes!

I know I am crazy but I grabbed the camera and took pictures while I was sobbing.

Here are a few pictures from our astounding moment!




We also went into Uncle Brian and Aunt Mindys today. The boys had so much fun running around in their fenced in yard.

Trenton did some lining up while we were there.
 He was very impressed. Trenton grabbed Lincolns baseball gloves and put them on his hands!
 He just ran and ran!
 On Friday both boys actually sat at the table and had breakfast with Mommy! This very rarely happens.

 Andrew had lots of fun Friday with his train!

 Some very special people sent the boys some puzzles in the mail! We thank you!! They loved them and the puzzle Trenton is doing in this picture was his security for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment