Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Quick Update

We had no therapy today and none tomorrow and Thursday. I HATE DAYS WITH NO THERAPY! Structured environments, learning environments, and routines is what helps Trenton cope with his life. However, we survived without too many tantrums. I tell you a few things autism Mommy's hate.....it is days with no school and therapies, holiday breaks, summer breaks, weekends, etc....... basically days that most people look forward too!

Trenton is still doing amazing at school and I could not be more thrilled. This road is very difficult but one of the things I am very thankful is that we caught Trenton's autism early. Early intervention is the key. I have no doubt in my mind that if we didn't catch his autism so early and if I didn't get him in therapies at 18 months of age...well....we wouldn't be doing as well in school as we are. Those early months in therapy were brutal. He screamed, kicked, hit, ran away from his therapist for several months. However, he learned over time and his brain got trained so we are now very successful in our therapies, school, and any learning, structured environment! So I am very thankful that we caught this early.

Trenton has been very "sensory seeking" the past few days. He has been very hyper the past few days. However, he slept good last night!! YAY!!
The past few days I can not get him to say anything. One of his favorite things to say is "ice cream" and I can't even get him to say that. So frustrating how he can say something one day and NOTHING the next several days. Wish I knew why!!!

Here is Trenton on his special swing. There are many days where he needs to lay on his stomach to meet some of his proprioceptive sensory problems. This swing is great for that. He can lay across the boards on his stomach. It is also great to go in a circular motion which is another movement he needs to meet his proprioceptive and vestibular sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment