Monday, October 14, 2013

Chucke Cheese & Best Moment Yet!

On Friday after Trenton's doctor appointment, we went to Chucke Cheese.  He handled the environment in Chucke Cheese very well! Trenton tuned everything out and was in his own world the whole time going from one ride to the next but he never had a meltdown!!!!! He appeared perfectly normal for a while. I would say only people who are educated about autism would have said that he has autism. Roughly after the first ten to fifteen minutes, he started to get uncomfortable in his environment. He started to do the same ride over and over and over. When we would not let him ride that particular ride anymore, he started to wander off and wanted to go to the quiet area. However, I was very pleased and proud of him for not having a meltdown!!  Andrew, on the other hand, was not happy the whole time. He was scared from the beginning. He rode one ride, our first ride, and had a death grip on me the whole time. For every ride after that, he cried and would not get on the rides. He was VERY happy when we left.




 Little A just wanted to leave!


On Friday Trenton and I shared our most amazing moment yet! He looked right into my eyes and said, "Ma", reached for me, hugged me, kissed me, and smiled at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to relive it right now as I type this! I celebrated and cried about that moment numerous times the past few days! Wow!!!!!!!!!

Trenton is displaying some fantastic moments lately. I am very proud of him. He has done nothing but work and struggle in therapies for one year and a half. I believe we are finally seeing some rewards from our hard work!!! Keep it up Trenton!!!!!!!! You are my angel!!! Always and Forever!

Lots more great pictures and moments to share from the weekend but bed is calling my name. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment