Saturday, October 26, 2013

The past few days


We had no school on Friday and our therapy was cancelled. That combination makes for a horrific day. By 8:30 AM I was already being pulled to the front door by Trenton with huge tears rolling down his face. I know he knew he should be at school and was wondering why he wasn't. I did my best to make his day as structured for him as possible. Nana and Mommy even took him and Andrew to a pumpkin patch to break the day up. The boys had a great time.  By the time we got back from the pumpkin patch, Trenton was having some major sensory problems. To be honest, Friday evening and night goes on my list of the top 5 worst evening  and nights. Nothing can describe Trenton's behavior that evening to make it even come close to where a reader could understand. All I will say is that I believe he was hallucinating, he had the "ant and body on fire" feeling, he hit himself, hit Mommy in the face, had meltdowns, and he had some major "out of body" experiences.
The past four nights Trenton has been up in the night running around, playing, and having meltdowns. I just don't know how long it will be til we find the right medicine  that will help him.

Today, however, he had a fantastic day! He made some great eye contact at moments and was very calm. Today was so great we even went to the Halloween parade tonight and Trenton did fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very proud of him and how he composed himself at the parade. I have lots more to say but I need to go to bed. Here are a few pictures from the pumpkin patch.

Trenton's security at the pumpkin patch was a puzzle.





No comments:

Post a Comment