Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Trenton's Eyes

Trenton's Eyes

Through eyes sometimes unfocused,
I see more than you.
I see your soul. I see your spirit.
I know your goodness. I know your hate.
Can you see mine?

Through ears sometimes deafened,
I hear more than you.
I hear your laughter. I hear your cries.
I hear the voices around me. I hear the talk of trying to fix me.
Am I broken? I didn't know.

Through a mind shackled by silence,
I understand more than you.
I know when you are happy and when you are not.
I know your frustration. I know your anger.
I am angry too. Wouldn't you be?

I am angry when you don't understand me.
My rage consumes me.
I have no words for your ears to hear. So I scream. And scream. And scream.
My rage consumes me.
Maybe, if I hit and bang and throw, you will understand.
My rage consumes me.
Can you hear me now?

I am not part of your world.
God will join our worlds.
The angels told me so.
They are with me always.
For now, you need to embrace mine.
Embrace it for what it is, not what you pray for it to be.

Love me.
Love me as I am.
That is how I love you.
Love me beyond the stares of the unknowing.
They are in your world.
Love me in mine.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment