Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bah Humbug

Trenton is feeling much better. His sad moments have started up again. At first, I didn't think we were going to make it therapy on time today between his cries and screams that were coming from him. He gets so frustrated not understanding this world!

 I am just about at my wit's end folks! Everywhere I look I see Christmas decorations, Thanksgiving decorations, holiday music everywhere...UGH! I hate to be a bah humbug but I am! I admit it!!!!  Trenton has his first Christmas program in a few weeks and his class has been practicing their Christmas songs. It breaks my heart.....HE CAN'T TALK!!!!!!! My child's class is singing songs and he can't talk. Poor Trenton! I'd give ANYTHING if he could get up there with his class and sing!

Who the heck cares about holiday time when autism took my child away from me! I suffer that pain every day. That pain does not get any better especially when you spend your WHOLE day fighting the huge battle against autism.  The battle of trying to talk and learn receptive language. The battle of trying to control uncontrollable behavior. The battle of trying to fight off sensory processing issues every minute. Do I need to say more???? The list of battles with autism goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on..............
Trenton's battles are at the list of my worries, not the holidays!

This bah humbug can't wait til the holiday season is OVER!!!!!!!





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. It is tough. And the toughness often takes the joy out of our days. The only thing that worked for me when my daughter was little was to cherish any tiny milestone. I hope your son sings someday soon. Thinking about you and your family. Visiting from http://outoneear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have enjoyed reading your blog about your daughter. I think it is wonderful that she got married!!! I look forward to following your blog!! I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.

      Delete