Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Disaster in a store!







When Trenton and I arrived in Effingham today we had plenty of time to spare before his appointment. I really wanted to be like most moms and take my child into a store. I wanted to go into the party supply store that is right down the street from where we go for therapy. Andrew's birthday is next week and I wanted to try to find some supplies. I thought about whether or not I  wanted to brave and try it. I decided, "Why not! I gotta try to be a normal mom sometime!"  Boy do I wish I would have went with my gut and NOT tried it.
I am fairly confident Trenton left 20 plus items in the aisle strung out everywhere, he broke two things, he was almost on top of the cashier counter trying to reach a balloon at one point.  The lady asked me if I needed help and I shouted, "He has autism! I am very sorry." She quickly gave him a balloon. The balloon distracted him for a few minutes and he quickly latched onto some baby shower plates that had animals on them. He wanted to open the package of plates. At this point, I told myself to get the heck out of there! I quickly paid for the balloon, baby shower plates, and a table cloth.....but we managed to break a few more items while we were paying.
If that store had a camera on it, I'm sure they rewound our time in the store and laughed hysterically at Trenton ripping through the store like a wild animal and me screaming, "No!!!" 50 plus times. We sure left our mark in that store today!
Here are the $3.00 plates that I had to buy today. However, he had a lot of fun lining the plates up and stimming off of them. I guess it was worth it if it makes him happy! He had to take the plates that he bought and his balloon into therapy with him.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment