Saturday, November 16, 2013

Stomach Flu....I guess

Fifteen minutes after I dropped Trenton off at school on Friday I received a call that he had vomited. I thought he did not seem right  Friday morning before school but figured that was because he had been up all night. However it is very difficult when he can't communicate to know exactly how he feels. Yes he had a horrible diarrhea diaper in the middle of the night Thursday when he was up but that is not unusual. His energy level seemed low but he was still running around the house, doing puzzles, and eating like normal.

 I felt awful for the fact that I sent him to school sick. This is just another example of how difficult it is when your child can't communicate. Therefore, I cancelled therapy on Friday. For the most part Trenton continued to do his normal kind of play but it was evident that his energy level was WAY low! However, the poor guy had a very difficult time falling asleep last night. I had to drive him to sleep. Between driving for one hour and 45 minutes in the middle of the night Thursday ( he was up from 10:00 PM to 4:30 AM) to calm his body down and last night, I have put 95 miles on my car in two days. That is just driving him around the country trying to help him control his body. With all that said, so far he has not vomited anymore and has been pretty much the normal Trenton with lower energy. So far on this Saturday we have had a meltdown and many tantrums. He isn't happy with hardly anything. His meltdown was so bad we had to separate the boys. Andrew is at Nana and Pop's house and Trenton is home with Mommy.  Be that as it may, he has followed a few simple two and three word commands!!! For example, you can't say. " Can I have a hug Trenton?" It has to be " Hug Nana" or "Hug Mommy"


Hanging out in the rocking chair on Friday.
 He still enjoyed bunching his toys around him.
 The boys and I played with some blocks.

 He sat here a lot on Friday just looking at his play doh cutters, horse, and mouse pad.
 He lined up a few of his little people and tried to feed them some of his biscuit with jelly.
 He enjoyed his bath last night! For the most part, he is still taking baths right now and enjoying them!
 He sat some of his stuffed animals at the table on Friday.
 So far today, he enjoyed playing with his new sticker book. This morning was so bad that we had to separate the boys.




Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment