Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas in the Park

Trenton actually sat on Santa's lap this year!! Andrew would not even come within a ten foot pole of Santa. Of course Trenton was trying to get off his lap the whole time but I managed to get a few good pictures. Santa was asking Trenton what he wanted for Christmas and how old he was. I think Santa was wondering why he wasn't answering him. I was fighting back tears and if I opened my mouth I would have shouted, "He has autism. He can't answer you but how I wish he could!!!!"
However, this is big time progress for us! A year ago, we would not have even been able to do this. Don't get me wrong, we had to fight him and hold him down everywhere and not one second of relaxing and enjoying the moment. The point is, we accomplished it without a meltdown!

 He LOVED the petting zoo. He could have stayed in there all night and fed the animals. Andrew could have cared less.

We rode The Toot through the Christmas lights. Neither boy had an expression on their face but I will assume they liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment