Monday, January 27, 2014

I Believe There Are Angels Among Us

I had another emotional moment today. After I dropped Trenton off of school, I was headed home to have some time with Andrew. On my drive home I always talk to the man upstairs for a few minutes. When I was done with my conversation with him, I turned on the radio. Low and behold the song that was just beginning to play was "I Believe There Are Angels Among Us." The song's lyrics came in and took over my emotions and left me breathless and crying. At the end of the song as I was pulling into my driveway, I could not help but smile up at the heavens. Oh yes of course I get bitter from time to time on how my life and how my family's life has turned out.  However, I can't help from time to time  to pause and smile up at the heavens and feel honored that God trusted me with one of his Angels! One of his Angels in Disguise!

I was walking home from school on a cold winter day
Took a shortcut through the woods and I lost my way
It was getting late and I was scared and alone
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home
Mama couldn't see him but he was standing there
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers

Oh, I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love

When life held troubled times and had me down on my knees
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand

And ain't it kind of funny that at the dark end of the road
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope

Oh, I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love

They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places
To grace us with their mercy, in our time of need

Oh, I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love

To guide us with the light of love


I truly believe that Trenton is an Angel in Disguise. Many many people face trials and tribulations in this life. Some turn against God and some people's faith grows stronger. I just don't understand how anyone can be mad at God. He NEVER promised us a peachy keen life. Even if we are faithful followers of God, he never promised that. We live the Christian life and follow his word for our soul. Not for the reason of thinking that God will make our life perfect here on Earth. 
Yes, I get mad, frustrated, sad, jealous, cry a lot, pout, and do lots of wishful thinking. Hence, in the end, I am taking care of an Angel in Disguise!!!! 

2 comments: