Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lousy Week

We continued to feel lousy all week! After the flu left me, what remained was a terrible congested cold and cough. I still continue to not feel so great which is why I have not updated the blog like I normally do. Trenton felt lousy Tuesday and Wednesday but he seems much better now!
I took a turn for the worse on Wednesday. Nana missed church to help me with boys. When she walked into my house I am in tears. Nana asked, "Whats wrong?" I replied, " I just want him to understand that I don't feel good!!! I want to curl up on the couch and watch Sesame Street with my boys but he is so hyper and can't quit moving all over the house."

This week I have shed more tears than normal. I wanted to be able to tell Trenton that Mommy doesn't feel good so let's cuddle on the couch and just relax this afternoon. Instead, it was the normal pulling him out of my fridge 50 plus times( he opens the door and climbs up my fridge all the time), cleaning up a huge food mess in his bedroom (He likes to open the fridge and grab anything such as ketchup, jelly, mustard, mayo, etc and squirt it all over the place), another food mess in the kitchen, fighting him to get down from the window seal 50 plus times, grabbing him from hanging on my curtains 50 plus times, getting him down off my computer stand 100 plus times, getting him down from my kitchen counters a few times (he has tremendous upper body strength and climbs on top of my counters before you know it), etc.

Anyone who has EVER said that ADHD is not a serious condition has NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come live with me for one day and we will see what you have to say then!!!!!!!!!!! To put autism on top of it where their brain is damaged and they can't listen and understand makes a horrendous combination. It's hard to manage when you feel 100% .  It is unmanageable when you feel like death warmed over all week.

I completely understand how some people can read the above paragraph and think that all she needs to do is discipline more or spank his butt. I just have one thing to say to you...............That does not work with autism! TRUST ME!!! If you know someone who supposedly has autism and learned that way then THEY DON"T HAVE AUTISM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!! Your loved one fell in the category of misdiagnosed or the extremely high functioning category! Everyone is so quick to judge and judge the parents.  What most don't know is that autism the number one worst disability your child can be diagnosed with. I 100% COMPLETELY BELIEVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment