Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sleep update & More

I'm not sure what is going on with Trenton but we just are not having a good week. We didn't have a good end to our week last week either. I am still here walking and holding my head high because I 100% believe in...... Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Trenton has had countless sad moments in the past ten days. He has had plenty of meltdowns before bed and during the night. He continues to lay either on the floor or in his bed while shaking his legs and arms before he falls asleep. He cries and is inconsolable until his body gives up the fight. He can only sleep for a few hours until he is up for the next four plus hours. Before he falls back to sleep at dawn, he starts the shaking and crying again. I can't do anything to help him other than to watch in pain, pray, and wonder what he feels like.

Trenton takes strong medicine to help him fall asleep and to stay asleep. Obviously medicine does not help him. It would be terrible to live in a body where medicine doesn't even help you all the time. The sleep issue is right back to where we were two years ago. I am running on two hours of sleep each night and I am not exaggerating. Like I said before, I am getting through this through my strength from the Lord.

On the flip side, Trenton continues to say  one or two words a day. It might be a repeat word or it might be spontaneous. In church on Sunday, he tried to act out the story that his Sunday school class was learning. This was a new story and he was really trying to learn it. His teacher said he got confused so he stood between two girls and held their hands.
He hugged a student the other day at school and he hugged Ms. Jenny the other day before we left!

I have an untold number of supporters out there and I am so thankful for you all. If it wasn't for your kind words, cards, text, emails, and the gifts that you share with us, my stress level would be much higher than what it already is. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. My boys are so lucky to live in such an amazing community!

Trenton is very lucky to have such amazing teachers and therapist!! Yes, unfortunately we have two children on the spectrum but we are very blessed with support from family, the community, friends, church, teachers, and therapist. My boys are in good hands and so am I!

1 comment:

  1. I am always here for you Angie. Galations 6:2

    ReplyDelete