Thursday, May 1, 2014

Therapy Therapy and More Therapy

Andrew went to therapy for the first time today. Everyone thought he was a cutie patootie just like his brother! I am so blessed in the fact that Andrew's therapist are the exact same therapist that work with Trenton. My boys are in good hands!
Jill, the speech therapist, did her evaluation on him today. I will get the results shortly to see how far behind he is. However, she agreed that he needs therapy twice a week for speech. At this time, Andrew will only be in speech until we get schedules worked out. Andrew's speech is all single word naming objects, echolalia, and learned speech. I will be giving an update on Andrew and how autism affects him in a day or two.....so stay tuned.
When Andrew was all done, Jill gave him a sucker. Andrew LOVES suckers!!!!!!!!
He found a CARS vehicle at therapy. In order to prevent a meltdown, the car came home with us. Trenton and I will return it  tomorrow.
 Andrew and I arrived back in town just in time to pick up Trenton from school. I dropped Andrew off at home and Trenton and I were back on the road to therapy. Yes, it was a crazy hectic day but I am helping my boys. I believe and hope any parent would do whatever it takes to help their children in this life. I can say with pride, that I am doing everything that I possibly can to help my children.

Trenton had a rough session in ABA. Ten minutes into the session, he started his sad crying and could not stop. Heather stopped the session because Trenton was in no shape to work. He cried for the next hour. I am not sure what was wrong. Sometimes I think these sad moments are when he realizes that he can't do something. When he has a clear moment, he knows he can't do something and it just makes him sad.

Before therapy he enjoyed lining up his animals.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to Andrew on his first visit! I can understand how stressful this could this be for kids – but from the looks of things, it seems like his first visit went pretty well. It’s great that you have the same therapist for both Andrew and Trenton. At the very least, you know that Andrew is in capable hands. That, and you only need to contact one person to consult on both! Haha! Anyway, thanks for sharing this post with us, Angela. Take care!


    Terry Roberson @ MedCare Pediatric

    ReplyDelete