Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wendy

One of the best things about my journey into the special needs world is that I have met people that I never would have met if it wasn't for the boys.
Shortly after Trenton's diagnosis I was starving to talk to someone who was living what I was living. Someone who understood what living with autism was about. Someone to talk to. I needed someone before I slipped into a bad depression.
I signed up on an autism website for parents. A website you can talk to other parents and feel some support from. One mother that I immediately started talking to was Wendy. We talked every week and some weeks we talked a few times a week sending each other messages on the computer. Her little boy with autism is only one month older than Trenton. Over time we developed a great friendship. A friendship that will last a lifetime!
I am excited to say that I finally met Wendy face to face today!!!!!!!!!
Wendy and her husband are traveling from their home in Alabama to Chicago to attend an autism conference. On their trip to Chicago, they went completely out of their way, so we could meet face to face! I had been wanting to meet her for a very long time and we met today!
I am so blessed to be traveling this journey with an amazing mother like her.


No comments:

Post a Comment