Sunday, June 29, 2014

Count your Blessings

A stranger came up to me one time when I had the boys at therapy. This individual could tell that both boys had special needs. She looked at me and said with a smile, "Count your blessings. They are beautiful blessings that you have been given."

I smiled back with tears in my eyes and said, "They are the best two things that have ever happened to me."

My oldest blessing, Trenton, had some amazing moments today even after a sleepless night. On the way home from church we sang our ABC's together and he looked at me the whole time! He was not looking through me, he was looking at me!! I saw that beautiful soul that is behind those gorgeous eyes. I would sing A, Trenton would sing B, Mommy C, Trenton D, and so forth. We were completely connected and it was beautiful!
We did the same thing with Old MacDonald. I sang the whole song and I stopped when its the part to say the animal and Trenton said a different animal 5 different times. Again he was looking at me the whole time!!!

Aunt Mindy said that Trenton had great eye contact with her when she was swinging him this afternoon. His eye contact was great with almost everyone today. Such an amazing day!!!! Only autism moms can be so happy about eye contact!!

The good Lord blessed us today as always!

Life is full of ups and downs, so put your hands in the air and enjoy the ride.

 Life is a journey. If you got everything you wanted all at once there would be no point of living. enjoy the ride, and in the end you'll see these 'set backs' as giant leaps forward, only you couldn't see the bigger picture in the moment. Remain calm, all is within reach; all you have to do is show up everyday, stay true to your path and you will surely find the treasure you seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment