Sunday, June 22, 2014

Flash Forward Moment

Nothing can prepare a person for tragedy. Truly nothing can. Some people's tragedy is the sudden death of a loved one or the sudden onset of cancer, etc. My tragedy is clearly having two boys with special needs. Nothing could have prepared me for this. Therefore, all the research I do, people I talk to, autism support groups I attend, and autism functions do help in many ways. In other words, I love to be around people with autism, families raising children with autism, and the therapist that work with children with autism because you learn so much. It helps me to prepare for what the rest of my life and the boys life have in store.

When Trenton was jumping in the bounce house on Saturday, he was joined by a 14 year old boy with autism. The 14 year old was a tall, blond hair and brown eyed boy. He was beautiful! I believe he was in the bounce house with Trenton for a reason. God placed those two boys together for a reason. It was as if I was seeing Trenton in ten years. The boy was oblivious to everything. He was in such a happy place in the bounce house, looking up in the air with the "lost" look in his eyes just like I see in Trenton every day. He had no clue that I was standing 6 inches away admiring what a precious angel he was. He may have known but he lives in a body like Trenton where he was not able to express that he noticed me.
Nana spoke to his mom and this boys mom said that her son was just like Trenton when he was Trenton's age.

I can't stop thinking about that beautiful young man. To be frank, I can't stop thinking about all the other people with autism I saw. They were all so precious. Beautiful!! I really do mean this when I say....They are truly the lucky ones in this world! They may have autism and never be able to live on their own and always have to be taken care of in this life but they are innocent to this cruel world! They will never worry about all the "small" stuff in life. They will never be tempted to the temptations that this cruel world has in it.  They will always be beautiful children of God who have an automatic key for eternal life. I have always said this even before I had my own special needs children. It's one of those things that I recall saying many times in my life.

Mark 10:14

14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.


 Matthew 7:21

 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:14
 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it

I truly believe that the some of the "few" that get to enter are the "little children" or ones who have the mind as "little children".

No comments:

Post a Comment