Saturday, August 2, 2014

Harsha Cognitive Center

I am really excited to announce that Trenton will start attending Harsha Cognitive Center next week! Monday is our first day. I can't believe it! I have been in the process of getting him there since January and it is finally here! YAY!

If I thought the boys and I were extremely busy crazy before.....it really is now. We will be busy from extremely early morning til early evening every day of the week. Our only time to actually breathe will be Saturdays. Hence, this is what has to happen to help the boys. I have been pulling my hair out all summer on days with no therapy because all Trenton does is walk and run around outside because he does not play with toys. I drag him back in the house after chasing him outside for two hours. All he does in the house is walk around and make a huge mess. Andrew doesn't know what to do with himself so he follows Trenton's lead. Andrew follows whoever he is around because he can't do anything on his own. This is why autism parents HATE summers off from school and HATE days with no therapy or structured setting.

I am very excited but at the same time I have an awful feeling in my stomach. Its going to be very hard work for Trenton. It will entail many meltdowns because he will be pushed to his limits....it has to happen....its our time to "train" his brain if we can. I have read numerous books about different families on this journey I am living. They are all the same....therapy therapy therapy! It is proven to help....we have no choice!

Andrew is getting evaluated on Monday at Harsha. He will be attending too eventually.

If you haven't noticed this post is in the middle of the night. We are having a sleepless night. This happens every time I brag about his sleep.....UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment