Friday, September 5, 2014

Yellow

The other day when Trenton and I were outside playing, he suddenly takes off running toward our house. Of course, I take off running after him. He stops in his tracks, pushed me toward the house, looks at me and says, "yellow." Obviously, he had something on his mind and it was yellow. He was persistent and kept on pushing me toward the house saying, "yellow."

I finally got him in our house and he kept on pushing me saying, "yellow." I am showing him everything I could think of that was yellow and seeing if it was what he wanted. He starts to get very frustrated because I was not coming up with the correct "yellow" item that he wanted. He starts to cry and kick the ground. I start to feel my anxiety raise while I am racking my brain trying to think what he wants that is yellow. Then, all of a sudden he says, "Egg." I knew instantly, he wanted scrambled eggs. He is in a mood where he eats scrambled eggs daily. The poor kid got hungry outside and could not say the word egg but he knew they were yellow.....and that's all he could communicate to me.
He was happy when I started making scrambled eggs and he ate 4 of them!


Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment