Monday, December 29, 2014

Quick Update on Move

We made it to Terre Haute. The boys and I are miserable! MISERABLE!
I know change and autism is not a good mixture. In fact, when major change happens in a person with autism it usually causes regression for a while. A few weeks before we moved, Andrew was already in a bad phase and now he really is.

The first night in our new home on Saturday, neither boy slept good. Trenton was awake at 1:05 AM and went back to sleep at 6:30 AM. Andrew was awake at 3:30 AM and went back to sleep at 7:00 AM.  The second night was much better. Andrew was awake for about one hour having a rough patch and Trenton slept ok once he was able to settle down.

Trenton keeps on taking my hand to the door and saying, "shoes. go." This is his way of saying, " lets go home. I've had enough of this new house." Trenton's behavior has been really bad when he gets mad the past 24 hours. He is hitting me, kicking items, and throwing items really hard. This morning on our way to Harsha, I thought for sure he was going to bust out his side window in the car. He just kept on kicking at the window crying. My nerves were gone by the time I walked into Harsha. I walked in and started crying. I am literally crying all the time and every where I go lately.

Andrew wants me to constantly hold him. I have to be right by his side at all times. I'm not sure if he is scared in the new house or its just how he is handling it. Andrew says a lot, " I want to go home." In fact I took him to Wal-mart on Sunday afternoon to buy laundry detergent and a few other items. Andrew's autism comes out in a different way than Trenton's. Andrew did not want the cashier to touch our items and ring them up. Andrew leaned his head back, started yelling and crying when the cashier touched his toy. He screamed at the top of his lungs, " I just want to go home." Tears filled my eyes and I said, "I do too."  I have no doubt the cashier thought we were crazy....

We have no internet at our house so post may be fewer until we get internet and a routine going.




No comments:

Post a Comment