Thursday, January 15, 2015

Favorite Part of the Day

My favorite part of the day is the morning! There is a type of calmness that comes over me when I know that I have fought the battles through the night again and survived! Now don't get me wrong, my mornings are pure chaos. Most of the time Andrew is extremely needy in the morning and Trenton usually is ready to run his marathon. Between bouncing Andrew around on my hip, controlling Trenton, making breakfast, packing lunches, getting the boys ready, getting myself ready, loading up the van for Harsha....I feel like I have already worked a full day. However, during all of that chaos, I take great pride in motherhood and wouldn't trade it for the world! I know all too well one day my boys will not be boys. They will be grown men and I will be wishing I had these times back.

This morning during the chaos I got a huge surprise! HUGE! It was the best surprise I have received in a long time. Trenton was pacing around the living room and I was setting breakfast on the table. All of a sudden Trenton stops in his tracks, made direct eye contact with me, shined that beautiful smile at me, said "Mommy", and walked up to me and hugged me!! It literally took my breath away....

Thank you Trenton James! Mommy needed that today!

And when he can't say my name or give me a hug or eye contact.....he does this to bring a smile to my face.....



No comments:

Post a Comment