Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Two Areas of Conern

 Many children on the spectrum are known for spearing their feces. Both of my boys have went through that stage and I hope that it does not come back. To be perfectly honest with you, I have never heard of a child on the spectrum not wanting to depart from their feces. Andrew is going through this horrible stage and he has been in this stage for well over one month now. Every time that he poops....has a bowel movement......goes #2....whatever you call it....he has a complete conniption. He screams, kicks me, hits me, and scratches at me trying to get his "poopy" diaper back. He yells, " I want my poop. I want my poop. That's Andrew's"
If I don't lock the door to where our trash is, Andrew would be digging in the trash getting his dirty diaper trying to put it back on him. I dread diaper changes when I know he has done #2.

Another area of Andrew's regression lately is his behavior in public. I have always talked about how I can take him places and I love it! I have never been able to take Trenton places and I looked forward to the time that I can. Well, on Tuesdays and Fridays Andrew does not attend Harsha so I have been trying to have some fun time with Andrew. We sure do have fun, but its a lot of stress and we get lots of eyeballs glued to us when Andrew has a meltdown in the middle of the store. Today he went crazy because he saw Nemo items in the store. He thought everyone of them had to go in my cart. He was in a state of panic trying to get every item in the cart. When he realized that Mommy was not buying 25 Nemo's, 25 Dori's, and 25 Nemo books, he dropped to the ground kicking his legs, kicking items, screaming at the top of his lungs, hitting me and telling me that he doesn't like me. Oh yes....it was terrible. I broke out in my dead sweat and I could just feel all of the eyeballs glued watching the Andrew Conrad show. I admit....in order to survive I bough a Dori and the Nemo book. He still was not happy but atleast I was able to get him out of the store....but not before he had to sit on every bench on his way out.
 Holding his Dori and his book on the way home.


Being Silly with Mommy last Friday when Trenton was at Harsha


 He even got to ride a train last Friday.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Andrew...I drank all the Uncle Brian juice. I'll have to get you some more next time your here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew does what Mommy does, doesn't he? He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete