Sunday, January 18, 2015

Weekend!

We had a really good weekend! The boys got to see Nana and Pop! They were both excited to see them. I can't brag enough on how good Trenton was all weekend! I don't know if it is the full time consecutive therapy already that is having an impact on him or he could just simply be in his good phase right now. Whatever it is, I am amazed at his progress lately. He is much "calmer" these days even this weekend with no therapy! He is much better at following commands. He is doing great at using words. He is fantastic at saying, " I want ______."

We took Trenton to a restaurant this weekend. Trenton did the best he could. We are no where close to going to a restaurant where we just relax and take our time but he is making progress. He was so happy to be in a restaurant. He started making his happy noises as soon as we walked in. I always know when he is happy when he makes the noises and puts his fingers up to his face.

Nana and Pop also helped us go to church this morning and Trenton did fantastic! He sat through the whole service and I never had to take him out once!! He made me sooooo proud this weekend!!!
Andrew also did great at children's church without me. I took him to the class and he immediately sat next to two girls showing them his dimples:)

I also got a little sleep this weekend! I haven't had a break in the night for a long time. Nana and Pop took care of Andrew on Saturday night while I slept great with Trenton! I actually got some consecutive sleep. I haven't had more than three hours of consecutive sleep in well over a month.....and its a challenge getting the two boys and myself ready and out the door for Harsha each morning on very little consecutive sleep.  Andrew is the one that is having sleep issues every single night right now. I was very thankful for the sleep!

So, all in all, it was a great weekend! Andrew was very sad to see Nana and Pop leave. Before they even left, Andrew looked at me and said, "I miss them." I know he does! Andrew was at their house every day before we moved! His world changed drastically when we moved but he is starting to adjust very well now. He only asked to "go home" a few times last week. He asked to go to Lincoln's house once. So we are making progress but I know he misses everyone back at home!


Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Andrew was very excited to get a haircut!!

He loved snuggling with Nana....
 and reading books with Pop.
 I love the way he falls asleep each night!


 The boys did really well for a few pictures before church









Psalm 100



1{A Psalm of praise.} Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.








No comments:

Post a Comment