Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Where are my friends?

Andrew rode along with me this morning to take Trenton to Harsha. I had a good talk with Andrew a few weeks ago and explained how Trenton needed more help then he did. Andrew really had a good understanding of the conversation. He no longer cries or gets upset when I take Trenton. Anyway, after we dropped off Trenton, Andrew and I went to Burger King. I thought it would be fun for Andrew to play in their indoor kid area. However, Andrew did not play in it.

He broke my heart when we arrived. We got him some food and walked into the play area. He looked at me with the saddest eyes and said, "Where are my friends?"
I told him that he could still play even though he didn't have other kids to play with. Andrew refused to play. He asked repeatedly, "Where are my friends?"

I tried over and over to get him to go down the slide but he wouldn't. He acted like he had no clue how to walk up stairs and go down a slide. It seriously pulled at my heartstrings. This is not the first time this has happened. Andrew does not know how to act and play unless others are there to show him what to do. I did my best to explain to him that it was okay if he did it by himself but he wouldn't.  He managed to go to the second stair. He posed for a picture and then got really scared and came running to me crying.  My morning time with Andrew didn't turn out like I thought it would but that's okay. My mission is to get Andrew some friends:)

Andrew did enjoy taking pictures of himself. I have a total of 13 pictures that look like these....




Then he wanted to do selfies over and over.




He was so proud of himself when he got to the second stair. Just wish he would have went up the other two stairs  and the slide:(

1 comment:

  1. What sweet boys you are blessed with. Great to see how the Lord is working in your life and through their lives. They no doubt are lights to others, whether people may realize it or not. I know my little brother Patrick sure is! :)

    ReplyDelete