Sunday, March 15, 2015

Burger King

Nana and I took the boys to Burger King after church today. Andrew was excited! Andrew loves Burger King. It was the perfect place to take Trenton and see how he would do since he is unable to handle restaurants because very few people were in there today. Trenton  had a great time playing in the kid area. Andrew never went down the slide, even with Trenton there. Andrew was more concerned making sure this particular gentleman knew his name. Andrew kept looking at him saying, "My name is Andrew." It would not surprise me if Andrew told him that ten times.




 Trenton did great at church! I was very proud of him. I was nervous to say the least since he had been up since 2 AM but he did fantastic today!


After Burger King we thought we would be brave and try a small store. It didn't go so well. Trenton went wild and started taking things off the wall and trying to open items up. He was getting irate when I wouldn't let him destroy everything. After four minutes I was trying to take him back out to my van. Trenton was going into a meltdown throwing himself on the floor, crying and screaming. Almost everyone's eyes were on us and that is no joke. I couldn't control Trenton. Sadly, I received the rudest look that I have ever received today. Trust me, I have received some awful looks from people when I have had Trenton in the public before but nothing like today. Honestly, I thought the lady was going to break her neck from the awkward position she was getting herself into to make sure I knew she was looking at me.
I know the pain of what it feels like to have your whole life judged. Hence that is one reason I blog. If my life can help educate just one person and save just one person from the evil stares that autism moms receive, then its well worth it!

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

1 comment:

  1. The stares and "looks" and eye rolls were indeed uncomfortable. I have decided that I am not apologizing for my grandson's behavior anymore over something he has no control over. Furthermore, I am no longer informing the rude people that he has autism either. I have learned there are those that do not wish to be educated. I think I'm gonna order one of those T-shirts that says....MY GRANDSON HAS AUTISM..WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE?
    Trenton's Nana.... I love you T man.... just the way God made you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete