Saturday, March 14, 2015

Survival Mode Again..Will it Ever Get Better?

It has been just a little on the rough side lately. Trenton's sleep has continued to be nightmarish the last few nights. His body has not required much sleep at all. I did a lot of thinking last night when I was up the entire night and I have NO IDEA how I did it every night for the first 3 1/2 years of his life. He barely slept. I look back now and I am amazed at how I did it. I hope and pray that he gets out of his bad phase of sleeping real soon! It is no fun to go on two hours of sleep during a 24 hour plus period daily. I seriously do not even feel human at times.

I am very thankful my mother dropped her plans and came to help me for the rest of the weekend!! I have read a lot of memoirs written by families with children on the severe end and almost every family had to hire 24/7 help for the parents. I believe it! I wish we could! However, we are very thankful that Nana comes and helps us a lot! She doesn't have to, but she chooses to. Thanks, Nana, for always putting us before yourself! I am not sure what we would do if you didn't help us like you do.

While I was up with Trenton last night it was all I could do to not cry the whole entire time. His body was very restless. He paced up and down our house for hours. He made his stimming noises while he paced. It is truly heartbreaking to witness. As he gets older, it's all so emotionally hard. I just feel like it is never going to get easier.

Here Trenton is at 6:10 AM when his body let him go to sleep.


We went outside this afternoon and had a good time.






No comments:

Post a Comment