Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sorry

Tuesday morning was a very rough morning. Both boys were in terrible moods. They kept on fighting over everything!
 Trenton was giving me a horrible time trying to change his clothes. I showed him pictures on his schedule and I talked to him and told him that we had to get our clothes on for Harsha. But, he was not having it. He kept on hitting me to go away. This went on for close to a half hour. Finally, it was time that he had to be changed so we could leave. As I was forcing clothes on him, he started to kick and hit me hard. After a few seconds, he stopped and said, "sorry." My jaw hit the floor! I have never heard Trenton spontaneously say, "sorry" before! Only a mother of a non-verbal child could be as happy as I was at that moment! I could have cared less that he was hitting me and kicking me. HE SAID SORRY!!!!!
We battled getting clothes on for the next few minutes. He kept on hitting and kicking me and two more times it sounded like he said, "sorry."

Very proud of him!! Words are very hard for him and of all things he said, "sorry." It is just another reminder that he lives in a body that does not allow him to act like he is paying attention to our world but he sure is.
I am so proud to call him my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment