Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Attack of Death!

During the month of May, the library does not have the classes that I have been taking Andrew to. They take a break in order to prepare for the busy months of June and July. After Andrew's behavior there yesterday, it is a good thing we are not going back for a month!

Andrew is always the one child there that does not pay attention. He is the one child that pushed other kids and the only child to ever throw toys. Well, yesterday he sure left his stamp and it was not a stamp of approval.

For no reason what so ever, he attacked another girl. I am NOT exaggerating when I say that Andrew snapped! He was fine one second and the next second Andrew let out his blood curdling scream, had an evil look out of his eye and attacked a girl. The girl did absolutely nothing to him. Andrew took his arm and hit her in the face and kept on hitting her. All eyes went to Andrew and Mommy. The teacher was in complete shock! I handle the situation with all 20 eyes from the adults on me. I tried to get Andrew to apologize but he would not. As soon as I took my hands off of him, he turned around and attacked her again. Once again, all eyes on me and the room was as quiet as a morgue full of bodies.

Thank goodness, it was close to the end of the class! Andrew and I grabbed our items and left. I have to say the mother to the little girl was awesome about it all. She chased after me and said, "Don't worry about it. Keep on doing what you are doing and get him around normal kids and he will get better."
I appreciated her words more than I can express!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is this...Thank, God, for nice people like this lady that didn't "judge" you and your child. I wish we had more like her that show empathy!!!

    ReplyDelete