Monday, April 27, 2015

Trenton's Dental Appointment



Trenton had a trip to the dentist today. Taking Trenton to the dentist and doctor is always a very traumatic experience for him. On days where Trenton has these appointments, I feel like a soldier getting ready for a huge battle. I think back to his past experiences of how it was and I get prepared for the worst. I have a plan of action for all of the things that could go wrong. I go into the appointments prepared to become a grizzly bear if I need to:)

However, today it all went well. From that I mean we had no meltdowns or tantrums!!! Trenton cried from the time we walked in to the time we left. Trenton has different kinds of cries just like he has different kinds of noises for certain situations. Today he had his sad cry. He cried his huge crocodile tears with a constant frown. He walked and paced the waiting room crying until we got called back.
I was very proud of him! It was the best he has done for the dentist. The dentist and I held him down and there were two assistants helping us on both sides of Trenton. The dentist was able to get a good look at his teeth. I am excited to report he has no cavities!!!

One of Trenton's ABA therapist came along with us to his appointment this morning. It was so nice to have her there with us.
He went on to Harsha this afternoon after his appointment and he had a good day!




Good job today Trenton! You make me so proud. Keep up the good fight Bubba!

3 comments:

  1. Bless his heart!!! Good job, Trenton!!! Nana is so very proud of you! Nana don't like going to the dentist either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it’s a vast improvement from before! I guess he is slowly getting resigned to the fact that he needs to visit the dentist once in a while. He doesn’t like it, but he knows he’s going anyway. Either way, it might eventually lead to him getting comfortable in the dentist chair, or at least find it tolerable for a certain period of time. That being said, it’s great that he has no cavities! You must be one proud momma after. Cheers!

    Isabel Phelps @ Buckhead Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, Torrance dentist was best who magically treated my dental issues. I always opt for a good dentist rather than comparing the dental fee. Many new technologies are now used to treat dental problems which are painless.

    ReplyDelete