Wednesday, May 13, 2015

5 Things Every Autism Dad Should Know

I really appreciate all of the love and support I get from all of my readers. You all are amazing! I started off blogging about autism to not only educate but meet others who are living the same life that my family is. I have been so blessed to have made some amazing friends and supporters through this blog. If we didn't have the "blog world" to connect and read each others blogs then we would really feel alone in this world.

Too often, everyone thinks that it is just the "Moms" who should advocate and be involved in their children's lives. How sad is that? There are so many amazing fathers who blog and advocate in so many different ways. Kuddos to those fathers! If it was a sporting event, I am sure the fathers would be there so why not disability events such as therapy. Therapy is "practice" just like baseball practice.

In fact, the majority of the books that I have read have been written by fathers who worked 60 hours a week and still found the time to advocate. Once again...Kuddos fathers!

Here is a link to one fathers blog that he wrote. I love it! I love what he had to say.

14/06/15/5-things-every-autism-dad-should-know

2 comments:

  1. My husband is an amazing autism father to my son. He is one of those that you just gave "kudos" too! I have a ten year old boy with severe autism. I am exhausted at the end of the day meeting his needs and getting him from school to therapy. My husband works 12 hours a day at his job and he takes over everything when he gets home and helps me in the night when our child does not sleep. He is as active in advocating and support groups as I am. Thank you for this post about fathers. I am aware that many fathers are not as involved as my husband is but there are a large majority that are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your husband is an amazing father! I feel Daddys should be just as involved as the Mommys!!!! Keeping up with a severely autistic child is, as you said, exhausting.....both mentally and physically! Each parent has a "role" to play in raising their children, whether they have special needs or not.

    ReplyDelete