Saturday, May 9, 2015

Escaped Serious Injury Again....

Last night I could have found myself living another nightmare. However, we escaped it and there is no other explanation other than the fact that God was watching out for Trenton. This has happened twice now where Trenton has escaped being seriously injured while being out of control. This is  yet proof again that he can not control himself when he is having a hyper episode. Is he being hyper or is it sensory driven? Only Trenton can answer that. However, through my research that I have done I would guess it is more sensory driven and he can not help it.

Last night Trenton was running at Olympic speed through Nana's house with his arms straight out in front of him. Nana had just taken Andrew to watch Uncle Brian's baseball game.  He ran his arms right through glass. I was only a few feet behind him and unable to stop him. When he ran his arms through the glass he froze. I screamed the loudest I have ever screamed because I thought without a doubt Trenton would have glass sticking out of his arms and chest. When I reached him, he had only small cuts on his arms. There is no other explanation other than God was watching out over him! This is the second time Trenton has went through glass and escaped it. When I say went through glass I am literally talking about glass falling down all over him and no glass left where he went through.

Not only has he went through glass twice now but he has also opened the stove door to an oven that was cooking food at 400 degrees. He touched the inside door and walked away without one single burn. He has pulled over a dresser on himself twice. He escaped and went missing for ten minutes in a crowd with a nearby pond.

I am so thankful that God was watching out for him through all of these episodes. As time goes on, I am really starting to understand autism and our life. At first I wondered why God didn't free my children from autism. Now, I have a different perspective. He chose them because we have a story that has inspired so many and will inspire others in the future. We may have a life of heart ache and struggles ahead of us but we were chosen to make a difference in the world of autism. One way we are making a difference is through this blog. I am telling my story tonight to let you know how the stress and worry is ALWAYS there. A neurotypical child would have learned the first time he went through glass....this is proof that kids with autism do not learn and do no know danger!


I watch Trenton like a hawk. I know what he is going to do before he does it there is just no way of stopping him because he is so fast. Just another reason why I can't get away. If I left him in the hands of people who are not familiar and who are not educated on Trenton's type of autism. .......I'm afraid what would happen....

This is the cabinet he ran his arms through.. His fingers all the way to his elbows went through glass and shattered it.

 This is the only scratch he got!!!!! I still can't believe it! God is very good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Angie. How scared you must have been. Bless his heart. What daily struggles you all have. So glad he is okay.

    ReplyDelete