Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Head Hurt

Yesterday morning as the boys and I were getting in the van, Andrew decided he did not like what Trenton was doing so he hit him. Andrew started yelling, "No Trenton." and started hitting him in the head. I did my best to handle the situation. I quickly got both boys strapped in their car seats and Trenton quit crying a few minutes later. While on our drive to Harsha, Andrew decided to hit Trenton again in the head. Trenton was crying hard at this time. I had to pull over and calm the situation down. Once again after a few minutes, Trenton quit crying.

I dropped the boys off at Harsha and went home. About a half hour after I arrived home I received a text from Trenton's ABA therapist that Trenton was walking around crying and said, "head hurt". Immediately I felt terrible for my child walking around crying. Was it a headache? Or was it that he was just now processing what Andrew did to him and was crying over that? The question will always remain! However, I was jumping for joy at the same time!!! Trenton said, "head hurt". DO YOU KNOW HOW HUGE THIS IS!!!!!!!!

It's HUGE!!!!!!!

For four and a half years I have always wondered what hurt on him. It is a guessing game just like a newborn baby and he actually said what hurt him! I hope and pray this will carry over to next time when something hurts.

He did get better and went on to have a great day at Harsha!

He even took a cute picture with his ABA therapist!


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice evermore.
 Pray without ceasing.
 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

3 comments:

  1. This is Fantastic! Just two words but....WOW! What two words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only an "Autism Mom" could understand being so excited to hear your child tell you they hurt somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's doing so well with his words lately. Keep it up, Trenton!

    ReplyDelete