Sunday, June 28, 2015

I never know what he is going to say!

Andrew has asked me several times this weekend, "Can we go to Nana's house?" He has also said, "Mommy, let's go to Flora."  He said numerous times, "Let's go home to the grey house." My heart breaks for this kid. He does not like staying home on the weekends at all. In fact, the last time we were in Flora, he teared up when we were leaving. It is hard to live in a town where we do not know anyone that we can go to and play at their house for a few hours every Saturday like we did when we lived in Flora. It is hard for Andrew.

With that said, I wanted to do something but then again what can I do with the boys by myself?!?!? Well, I tried our small, fenced in park after church. No one was there at first so we stayed. The boys had a great time. After we were there for about 30 minutes, a father and his two year old son came to the park. He was the nicest man ever! He took Andrew under his wing and played with him and his son while I watched Trenton. This father has a teenage daughter with Asperger's Syndrome. Therefore, he understood somewhat.

It is always comical what Andrew randomly says to strangers. I think this particular father picked up right away that something was "off" with Andrew because Andrew ran up to them once they arried and said, " You are my friend. Mommy my friend is here."
This is not the only random thing Andrew has said to people lately. Ever since last Wednesday I have watched Andrew go up to people and say the following:
1. "I used to live in a grey house."
2." My mommy takes me to therapy."
3. He walked up to a lady in a store and touched her belly and said, "Oh is that your stomach?"
4. "I don't like you."
5. " My Mommy used to drive a black car."
6 "I like red slushies."
7. " I go to the bathroom."

He just walked up to complete strangers and said those lines. Every person looked at him and smiled but no one really knew what to say back. It is one of those autism things that I can laugh at! Poor Little A!!! I sure hope he builds up some social skills one day!!

Andrew had a new teacher today during kids church. She was nice and brought Andrew to me after church and she said, "I asked him what his name was and he said his name was Hulk. So I just called him Hulk the whole time."
I just laughed and told her that he just may have a different name every Sunday:)

Anyway, here are some pictures from our Sunday fun after church!

Trenton took his potato heads to the park with him:)



 His smile melts my heart!!! There are so many hard times and so many days I go without seeing his smile. Oh but how amazing it is when he smiles!!!
I look at these two pictures of me and my boys and all I can think about is how I am one of the luckiest Mommy's in the world!!!

Andrew pointed out a Cardinal in our backyard today. There have been very few days that I go without seeing a Cardinal in our back yard. Every time I see one, I smile!! I tried to explain to Andrew that Cardinals appear when angels are near......
I have always said that my boys are angels from God!

http://ourwanderlife.com/2014/02/10/cardinals-appear-when-angels-are-near/

1 comment:

  1. I believe in "angels"!!!!! I love the link and the story about the lady and her redbird. Hmmmm...we just never know. God does work in mysterious ways!!! All I know is, He is watching over my boys every day..He knows..and He does care about your struggles!!!!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete