Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mommy

Trusting God is absolutely amazing! The past few months I have questioned myself on whether or not Trenton loved me. I have wondered if I am any more special to him than his therapist or other people he sees. Deep down I know better but when he can't express it, it is human nature to wonder and question. It is something that has bothered me a lot a few months ago. I have really put my trust in God lately knowing that I am more special to Trenton than he can let me know. I was trusting God that he would let me know this soon!

Yesterday, I spent my entire day working on putting a protector on our fence while both boys were out of the house at therapy.( I think I have a very long job ahead of me on this project. One person working by themselves does not get very far. Wish I had a crew of about 20 people to knock it out in one day.) The whole time I was sweating bullets in the sun thinking about Trenton and how I wished he could tell me. Well, I got my answer today!

Last week I heard him say, " I love you." Tonight, as I was walking through the kitchen I hear Trenton say, " I love". I didn't think anything of it at first. I knew he was sitting in front of the refrigerator spelling words so I just thought he was spelling the word "love" like he does from time to time. Something made me stop to see what he was doing and I am so glad I did! As he was saying, " I love", he spelled Mommy on the refrigerator! It brings tears to my eyes typing this! I know with all of my heart that he loves me and I am special to him like a Mommy should be!

So proud to be your Mommy, Trenton! I could not have asked for a better tour guide on this journey we walk daily together!

3 comments:

  1. God works in "mysterious" ways and we don't always give Him enough credit for the little things in this life we have to be thankful for. You have been able to help so many others by your strong faith and courage in the Lord. How many mothers of an almost 5 year old would be so happy over hearing and witnessing what you do on a daily basis!! Sometimes there are hidden blessings even in the very worst of storms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to so many people. Thank you for all of the time that you put into advocating for autism.

    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing Angie! I absolutely LOVE when God puts a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete