Sunday, August 9, 2015

One year later

It has officially been one year since the boys started Harsha. Can you believe it?!?!?!? I waited on pins and needles for 8 months to get Trenton in Harsha. I worked so hard for 8 months and I even made phone calls and filled out paperwork while I had pneumonia. I was sinking driving for over 2 hours a day...to and from Olney and then to and from Effingham, getting the boys therapy all the while doing this on maybe 1-2 hours of sleep daily because that was when Trenton did not sleep at all. Needless to say I was sinking and needed help. Thankfully, we landed at Harsha on August 6, 2014! God's timing was perfect. God tells us to be patient. Everything is in his timing.
For the first time ever, I was able to breathe while Trenton was in good hands at therapy for consecutive hours. For those of you who have followed my story, this is when I started landing in the hospital with panic attacks. The doctors said it was completely normal for a person to have them after going through what I had  for the past few years without any breaks and without any sleep.

It is amazing to see how far the boys have came the past year! Absolutely amazing! I feel like the luckiest woman alive at times. My life "Is what it is." I can't take the autism away from my boys but I can choose how I respond to my life. There is no sitting around and feeling sorry for the life I originally wanted....I am making the most out of the life God chose for me! I could not be any happier with it. Yes, it is very difficult and full of nothing but heartache but it is my life and I am proud of it! I am honored to be the mother to the two most amazing boys in the world. They are different than what I dreamed about when I was pregnant but God knew what I needed the most and it was Trenton and Andrew!  They are even better than what I ever dreamed about!!!!

Our life is extremely difficult and will remain difficult as long as we live on this Earth. It is challenge after challenge...new challenge after new challenge. Unfortunately, that is special needs. This is actually the easy years so I just try to soak up each and every moment that I can.

One year ago Trenton would not hold my hand and now he does.
One year ago Andrew did mostly repeat language and now he can verbally express a lot!!
Our yearly progress is much different than "normal" kids but I am just as proud, if not more, than any mother could be of her boys:)

Here is my post after our first two day trip to Terre Haute.
http://twobrothersonejourney.blogspot.com/2014/08/harsha.html

No comments:

Post a Comment