Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Rough Night but Fun Day!

Last night was a very rough night! VERY. ROUGH.

As the years go by and these nights keep on happening, it just simply doesn't get easier. At times, I think it gets harder.

I was up with Andrew because he was crying with a belly ache from 1130-1:00. Trenton woke up before I even got Andrew back to sleep. Trenton ran wild through the house till 4:30 A.M. Thankfully, he went back to sleep around 4:30.

When Trenton has a night where he is very loud and wild the stress is multiplied by ten! I am surprised that everyone on our block slept through his erratic behavior besides me.
 Going through a stressful night with little sleep makes it hard to get up and going especially when I only had about two hours of sleep before the morning chaos starts.  The boys and I barely made it out the door by 7:30 AM for speech. I'm not even sure what I looked like. I didn't even have time to fix the boys breakfast. Andrew was very needy when he woke up and I could not do anything without holding him so that slows up our routine big time! However, the boys and I survived the night and we survived speech therapy which I might add that Trenton had a fantastic session!! Way to go T-man!

This is how and where he fell asleep at at 4:30 A.M.



After speech, Andrew and I dropped Trenton off at Harsha. Andrew and I went to the grocery store and we saw a fire truck in the parking lot. Andrew had to check it out. He kept asking if he could get in it. It was tempting but of course I didn't let him:) We looked at it on the outside. If you ask Andrew what he wants to be when he grows up, he will say a fireman and a farmer.


After the grocery store we went home and then to the pool! We had the best time we have had yet this summer at the pool. Andrew has came such a long way with water this summer. I got him to kick his legs while moving his arms!!!!!!!!!!!!  He jumped in without me having to have my hands on him before he jumped. We also practiced talking to other kids, practiced walking around the pool and not running, and practiced following directions while being around a lot of stimulation. I, like always, take every opportunity I can to help him:)

 He is in the group of kids below. I was encouraging him to try to play with them.
 Andrew liked this pool we went to today because a large part of the pool was 3 feet so he could touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment