Monday, August 17, 2015

Schedule Strip

I have started Andrew on a picture schedule to help ease his anxiety. His anxiety starts to rise at night thinking about what he has the next day. Therefore, I set his schedule up the night before and we go over what he has the next day. I have already noticed a huge difference in him when he gets to see the picture of what he will be doing the next day. For example, on Saturday night I showed him our Sunday schedule and it was the first time in several months that he was not worried about having to go to kids church. However, we were unable to stay for it.....that story is a whole different post....if I decide to share. Nothing can describe the hell that I went through Sunday morning.

Here is what his schedule strip looks like in his room.
 When we are done with a task, we turn the task over.

No comments:

Post a Comment