Monday, August 24, 2015

Terrible Sleep Pattern

It is a good thing that I have had Trenton's birthday to focus on lately because it has been very rough!!!!!! There is no guarantee that Trenton will sleep at night. For the past 2 1/2 weeks, it  has just been brutal! Every night was sleepless for Trenton's first 3 1/2 years of his life. HOW IN THE WORLD DID I DO IT?!?!?!? For the past year Trenton goes through phases where he will sleep good and then sleeps terrible.  When he is in his terrible phase, I ask myself how I did it every night with no breaks for 3.5 years.

It all came crashing down last Friday. Thank goodness Andrew was at my parents because after a total sleepless night on Thursday, I was not worth a plugged nickel. It was not just the one sleepless night but it was two weeks of getting 1-2 hours a night every night before the sleepless night on Thursday.

After I took Trenton to Harsha, I went to bed. When I woke up I had a pounding headache and moved at the pace of a turtle. I didn't even feel like I was alive. I didn't feel human. I felt like I was in a daze...I was lightheaded and my body was sweating profusely. I couldn't remember what I just did the minute before. I looked like death warmed over and I sure felt like crap!

Sadly, I felt like that every day of my life before I moved to Terre Haute. I felt like that while having to drive over two hours daily just to get my children a few hours of therapy.

To tell you the truth, I have no tolerance for people who complain about being tired. No tolerance at all!! If you want to know what tired is like come live in my shoes, or another mother who has a child with severe autism who does not sleep, and you will find out what tired really feels like.

Thankfully, Trenton slept well the last two nights! Who knows what tonight brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment