Thursday, August 13, 2015

Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff Event

On Wednesday evening, I had the Walk Now for Autism Speaks kickoff event. I truly enjoyed it! It was a great evening. Not only did I speak, but I had two other great speakers as well. I have to admit, I cried when I was talking about my boys. I have never been so passionate about anything in my entire life until I became an advocate for my boys' disability. I am not sure if I will ever be able to give speeches without crying when I am speaking of our journey.

Andrew went to the kickoff event with me. He was really good. I was very proud of him. A special thanks to David, one of his coaches from Harsha, for taking care of him while Mommy hosted the event.




 





Earlier in the day, Andrew went with me to get items for the event. Of course we made time for some fun in the stores:)









Laughing at Mommy in the van. We sure do have fun together!

Trenton stayed home with Daddy that evening and this is how he went to sleep that night. From my understanding, Trenton and Daddy had a rough evening together.

2 comments:

  1. I did not realize what day it was before it was too late sorry I missed it I did not know you were speaking

    ReplyDelete