Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Amazing Journey in Life!

I received a lot of great feedback from my latest article on Autismawareness.com.  Thank you to each and every one of you that reached out to me. Truth be told, I love how a simple article can bring the community together. Just one simple article can make autism parents feel "not so alone". So to you I say, Thank you!

I know I have expressed before on here but I just want to express again how I can not be more happy with the way that  my journey is going. It's not a journey that anyone dreams about but it is what God gave me and I am making the most of it! God knew what was best for me and my family and it is a journey of autism. I have the privilege of raising two boys on opposite ends of the spectrum. They teach me so much very single day!

There is no denying that it's a rough life and at times a lonely life just like I wrote about. However, it is a very rewarding life! In the beginning of this journey I was confused on how this could happen to me and my family. I went through the stages of grief, I also wrote about that so if you want that article, just let me know. Yes I still get sad at times and discouraged, but don't we all? Even families raising kids without disabilities go through all the emotions at one time. However, there is beauty in autism and I am lucky to be a part of the beauty every minute of my life.

Autism has brought my relationship with God to the strongest level it has ever been. It is amazing how things happen in a persons life and a person can turn to the scripture and it all ends up making sense. God is amazing and I am so blessed that he trusted me with my two angels. I get the pleasure of seeing the world through an innocent child's eyes every day and it is so beautiful!

Just think....how many people do you know that judge people by their appearance....or by their house....or by the car they drive....or by their personality....or by what they do for a living....or by what kind of church or school they go to? I guarantee if you stop and think about it you know a lot of people that do nothing but talk and judge others. Now let me ask you this, how many people with disabilities do you know that do any of that? I have worked with several people with a variety of different disabilities and I have never came across one that judged that world....not one judged a person...they knew nothing but love. If by chance they did do any of the above, I guarantee it was a mental disability and the person had no control of their mind.

Even through all of the heartache that goes on with having children with special needs, there is so much reward at the same time. So much beauty! It is amazing!

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us

No comments:

Post a Comment