Thursday, October 22, 2015

Funerals & Weddings

If you have followed my blog long enough, you should know quite well that it is difficult for us to go places.  Most families of children on the severe end of the spectrum become prisoners in their own home. We most certainly have got used to our "new normal".

There are even life changing events that we are unable to attend. Today was another funeral added to my list that I have missed. To be truthful, it stinks having to miss a loved ones funeral. Unfortunately, I am getting accustomed to missing them.   My brother Brian drove the boys around the block several times in order for me to run into my cousin's husband's visitation a few years ago. It was pure chaos but at least I made an appearance!
 Besides funerals, I have missed several weddings. Actually, I have not attended one wedding that  I have been invited to in the last 5 years.

Sadly, it is not just "outings" that we miss, we are forced to miss major events in not only our lives but the lives of our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment