Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Dear Andrew

Dear Andrew-
Happy 4th Birthday! How in the world are you four already?  You have sure made the past four years interesting.

You sure know how to make Mommy smile when I need it. You are seriously one of the funniest, sweetest and smartest boys that I know. There is not one day that goes by that you don’t make me smile and laugh.

You have grown so much the past four years. I know it has not always been easy for you. However, you are a fighter just like your brother. You still have many obstacles to overcome in your life but I know you will keep on fighting. Look what we have accomplished this past year! Wow, the progress that you have made is breathtaking!

I wish things were easier for you in your life. If I could take your challenges away from you, I would. However, we are working hard on turning them into strengths. Even if you are never able to socialize like other peers your age, just know that I am always here for you. We have our support system at Harsha and we are all here to work on your challenges with you. I have all confidence in you that we will achieve many great things with you in your future. If we always do things just a little bit different, that is okay! Remember, God makes us all different. Every person is this world is unique in our own way and that is what makes us all so amazing and beautiful!

Thank you for being you, Andrew! I just love to watch your sweet innocence in this world. I love how you watch out for your brother at times. Now, don’t get me wrong, you know as well as I do that you pester your brother to the limits numerous times. However, the sweet way that you watch out for him and cheer him on is amazing. This morning was priceless when you said, “Trenton. We will get you to talk one day, don’t worry.” Andrew that was the sweetest thing that I have ever heard in all my 34 years on this Earth. You are such an amazing little man!

I can’t wait to see what the next four years brings us! Your first four years have flown by. Just remember that God is always with us and watching out for us. 

I love you so much Andrew Joseph!!!! Always & Forever

Mommy

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Little "A"..what a sweet, precious child of God you are! I love how, (in your own way) you acknowledge your brother's autism, and realize just how difficult it is for your brother not being able to communicate. You have more compassion and empathy than a lot of adults in this world!!!! Nana loves you to the moon and back a million times over!!!! You are a special, little boy......HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANDREW!!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete