Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Real Kisses & Hugs!

Do you ever just stop and think about how amazingly blessed you are? I do! I thought I appreciated life, good health, etc before my boys but I didn't have a full, complete appreciation. I don't think anyone does until something happens in their life to change it. I don't care who you are, we all have had something in our life that has happened to us to make us realize and appreciate  certain things in this world. For some it can really hit you hard and change your life. For others, it can be a brief period of appreciation and then the person has moved on.

For me, it is a life long appreciation. Trenton and Andrew have seriously taught me so much about life and God. I see the beauty and the innocence that God speaks about that is in children in the boys each and every day. I see the work of God in them and I am so appreciative of that! They are two of the most beautiful boys that I have ever met. In fact if you would allow yourself to, people with special needs all hold the beauty and innocence that God wants us all to be like. They are the true examples that God speaks about.

I may not be blessed each day with the daily blessings that most people are blessed with by their children. However, when I am blessed by some special moments, I cherish each and every one to its fullest! For example, it has been about 6 to 8 weeks now that Trenton has actually kissed me when I have asked him to. I am not talking about just any kiss...... he leans in and lays his lips on mine!!! Oh how I love it!! I am not sure how long it will last but I am enjoying getting real kisses from him each and every day lately!!! Nothing can put in words what this feels like! He is doing very well on giving me hugs too! It's by no means a hug close to what a normal child gives. However, he gives them to me when I ask. They are stiff and short hugs but I love them!!!

Needless to say, I have been blessed lately with kisses and hugs!!!I am so grateful for them from the bottom of my heart. I don't take one for granted and nor will I ever!! I am cherishing the moment because I know it'll change too quickly soon.....that is just the way autism is.

1 John 3:1  See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that bit did not know him.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. Nana got to enjoy some of those "kisses" last week when I visited as well. My heart almost leaped out of my chest! The moment that will remain at the top of my list, however, was when I asked Trenton to climb on Nana's lap so I could rock him. (He was in the middle of a meltdown and I thought the compression and rocking might calm him) Anyway, HE DID!!! Oh, how I treasure that moment and will til the day I die!!! Love u T-man!!!!

    ReplyDelete