Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015

As we say  goodbye to 2015, I can't help but think about all that has happened this year. This year has definitely had its ups and downs. I have learned that some of my fears heading into 2015 actually helped me learn a lot more about myself. I am not going into every high and low of 2015, but I do want to point out that God sure has blessed me and the boys. We were lucky enough to have another healthy year together and that is all that matters. Our days are not exactly like I imagined my life but when it comes down to it, it isn't about what I want or what I want for my children, its about what God gives us and finding the joy in what he provides for us. Our life isn't easy by any means but we make the most of it. I embrace my boys and their challenges and we live our life to the fullest. We take advantaged of what God has provided us and we are determined to get the most out of our life while helping others.

If I could think of one big accomplishment that I did this year, it was getting Trenton trained to fall asleep in his bedroom. It only took 5 years but right around his 5th birthday was when he stopped falling asleep all over the house. I can't tell you how HUGE this is for Trenton and I!! The second biggest accomplishment was getting him trained to stay in his bedroom at night when he is awake! WOW! This one was really not easy to accomplish and  I still have to battle him in the night with keeping him in his bedroom but we manage! It is not pretty and we are nothing but quiet but almost every night we do manage to stay in his room.

I know it may seem like such easy, simple, human-nature task but they were very difficult for us! Like I said, it took me  5 years but we finally accomplished it! I am looking forward to what the next five years brings us?!?!? Hopefully I can say that he is sleeping through the night EVERY night:)

The big thing I accomplished with Andrew this year was getting him out in public! I took advantage of this immediately after moving to Terre Haute last year. This was really not easy either. Thinking back to the year as a whole and everything I went through to get Andrew over some of his social challenges, it is a wonder I have any hair left. Oh wow....the stories I could tell about what Andrew put me through this year in public. HA..I have to just laugh at them or I would go crazy:)

Most importantly, we had another full year together! Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Each day God gives us is a blessing! As long as God continues to grant me and my boys good health and many more days a head of us, then we are the luckiest people in the world. I will take that along with all the challenges autism brings any day:)

 Our selfie with Pepper:)

No comments:

Post a Comment