Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The long road ahead

As I sit here tonight watching Trenton have a difficult time with his body, I keep thinking about how time is going way too fast. I can't believe that he is 5 1/2 years old. I heard something on the radio today that a 5 year old did and I was shocked! It was something that I couldn't picture either one of my boys doing. It was just another reality check that we are very unique and live a much different life. On some days I just simply forget what "normal" is because we are so unique.  I wish I could say that it will get better with Trenton but sadly enough it is just one long, difficult, up and down ride for the rest of our lives. The same with Andrew, but hopefully in a much different way.
The picture below was taken 3 years ago. I remember this moment just like it was yesterday. It was the first time he really acted like he noticed snow and liked it. I was trying to get him to say "white". Some day when I will be taking care of him as a grown man or when I am having to put him in a home, I will look back on this picture and smile just like I will smile at every other picture that I have. I most certainly try my best to treasure these moments when he is small because the pain that I have ahead of me isn't going to be easy.

3 comments:

  1. I have always LOVED this picture!!!!! I remember the day I took it. He was so happy and loved playing in the snow! He would've stayed out all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's my favorite picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are so lucky to have such a wonderful mother like you.

    ReplyDelete