Monday, February 8, 2016

Turn Around! No!

I am a firm believer that Trenton talks all the time in his head! Many other parents have said that they believe that their non-verbal child talks in their head as well. Some individuals with autism talk in their head and they think that they are really speaking the words which is part of the reason they have meltdowns because they think they are not being answered. Twice over the weekend, Trenton blurted out words. The words that came out of his mouth sounded so normal. His voice sounded completely different than when he says the words that he can say such as juice, Mommy, etc. It literally stopped me in my tracks.
The first time that Trenton blurted out the words he was lining me, Nana, and Pops up. He was lining up the chairs and making us sit down. Pops sat down the wrong way and he got very upset. In the middle of his frustrated noises he blurted out, "turn around." It did NOT sound like Trenton. It was such a different sounding voice that I have ever hear.
The second time he was in the middle of a tantrum and he was making his noises. My brother asked him, "Are you okay T-man?" Trenton blurted out, "No". Again, it was the not the voice of Trenton that I am used to hearing. I have full confidence that he answers every question all the time but he just can't verbally express it.
Autism is simply amazing!!
On a lighter note, love the boys and their smiles today when they saw snow again!!
 
 
 



We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps.
Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have a video and captured the expressions on our faces when Trenton said, "turn around"!! Oh my!... my heart leaped in my throat!!! It was one of those moments that is simply priceless and you have to cling to, because you never know when you will hear that sweet voice again!!!! This proves he understands and has all the language of any 5 year old...it is simply locked inside that little brain of his!

    ReplyDelete