Sunday, March 27, 2016

Faith

Special needs parents have to hold on to faith. Faith is “the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1)

It is hard but we have to hold on to faith to get us through our journey in life. We have to have faith in God and his plan or you will never see the beauty of your amazing life that God blessed you with.
Just like you, my life didn't turn out like I thought it would. Whose does?  However, my faith is getting me through it. I know without a doubt that God knew what I needed and it was autism.
A perfect example of having faith in God and how your life turned out is Sarah, Abraham's wife. Sarah was well beyond the childbearing years, yet she bore Isaac just as God had said. She judged God to be faithful in what He had promised. Sarah didn't think she could have a child her age but she did. She had faith. She trusted God. What a great example! Thank you Sarah for having such wonderful faith. You inspire me to have all the faith that I need to get though this life and make the most of it. I have been so blessed with this unexpected life and I wouldn't want my life any other way than the way God planned.

Some days I don't think I can get through my day but I can. I just have to step back and remember the amazing words that God gave us and my faith is re-energized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment